Monday, December 26, 2016

NO RESTRAIN TO OPINION.

  NO RESTRAIN TO OPINION.
   Regardless of the nature in opinions of many others in the world of Serak; from the ones in Holland, in Indonesia; under Dolf de Vries; and the many coming out the PDT Academy or the VDT Academy and of those who had made up their own Serak systems had carelessly employed their self esteem opinions in regard of my self, my practice and knowledge for not knowing Serak. To me of knowing in what I already knew of the system, in many folds that there is a difference in practice. I was a student of uncle John de Vries --who taught the art of Pentjac Silat Serak the first and the most in Holland. Uncle Ventje came later in the picture. They both are practicing Serak under Mas Djut or Mas Djoet. The Serak as taught under Maurice, Paul and Victor came through the dedication in efforts,as taught by uncle Ventje or Ness and uncle John. Uncle John was the very best of the two uncles, Uncle Ventje was more the combatant in using the art. In my opinion from knowing both uncles; was just a student under uncle Ventje for a very short time since I wend over to learn dirty boxing from mister Hamilton, in Thailand, in 1946. Paul and Victor came after me of training, studying the art under Ventje --after our family's reunion, in Thailand. At the time, I was eleven years old and never to old to learn any martial arts. Consider how many kids of the same age are now learning all sorts of martial arts, question your self that question?
  I am glad to have left uncle Ventje, and later in Holland received the better training under uncle John. I was just a private student under uncle John, and learned a lot. Also to my consideration for the trips I had taken to Belgium, to learn Western fencing. Between boxing and fencing was more an enriched study for me to pertain in studies. It made me a fluent and more addictive quick mover, and inclusively adding Serak to my menu in fighting over otehrs who were stuck to the same thing. I am quite comfortable in offense or defense are all the same to me -- in one move, and own placement to comfort ones own physicality. But kept uncle John's formatted system of the Serak Bandung to precisely concise.
  While my brothers kept training the same art, most of the time, until some changes were to occur of Paul creating Bukti Negara, and Victor after the Marines boot Camp training invented Tongkat. Was never anything new to me; I saw in Bukti Negara -- San Soo kung fu mixed with Serak out my own experience, and in Tongkat was just in what the marines are doing in their boot camp training. As for my self, I kept training the many other systems  I was learning from other good masters. I trained my studies for interest in what was useful to me. Could never have been for years in one system.
  Of the Old School silat, and Old Hand kun tao, had trained under three of the best Hakka kun tao masters, in Java and further was training Cheribon Serak, in Bandung and trained under Pak Atmo and guru Sardjono. Considering by respecting uncle Eddy de Vries, who was so well versed with his combined style of Serak and Ci Mande. My studies in Bandung was quite enriching, I learned a lot. In meanwhile Paul and Victor kept training the same thing. I really like to comment on Maurice, my oldest brother was a true loyal follower mostly under uncle John.  His Serak was the most traditional over all the two other brothers. Regardless the critic given by Victor disregarding the longer practice of Maurice, in Serak. But opinions remain to be assorted in the flawlessness of filled balloons that hardly floats.
  In America I met later, a friend of my father in law, under who I had studied the longest and most in Kun tao and ci mande. He was mister Egmund, a German native, in Indonesia. The gentleman and quite a practitioner in poekoelan, I was introduced to in Deli City, in Northern California was a direct student under the founder, Pak Serak. At the time was in the 1970's when both, my wife and myself were working for the airlines. The Serak Cheribon, the birthplace of Pak Serak was also the best of Serak's practice. Guru Egmund was then well in his 80's as I found myself for placing myself in so far as age is concern.  I feel the same way now, as he did then when we met. He also knew Atmo and Sardjono were student together, in the late 1800's. In what Mas Djut and the many were doing with their Serak systems were also quite the opposite from each other.  Conclusively despite all the opinions of many others, and my own blood family by carelessly disregarding my own feeling became also strongly motivated for me not to give a RAT'S ASS.
  I am not shameful for what I am doing, and never restrain myself by physically defending myself or with my therapeutics on my keyboard. My total studies in cross training and learning from the best of masters was imminently an expression for my reputation in deeds of practice and teaching. I trained and studied longer than Dolf de Vries, Victor or Paul de Thouars, and many others of their many  claimed studies in variable systems, in the Dutch Indo community. I walk my talks. Of all my brothers, love and like Maurice the most for being a true perfectionist of Serak under uncle John, and some under uncle Ventje de Vries.
  With all my studies and knowledge resent to be united with the PDT Academy or the VDT Academy or to associate myself with Dolf de Vries's lineage, in Holland . Their Serak art is a mixture of mostly kempo, some other fighting elements and some of the Serak. They had never trained Serak under their father only on occasions. Anyone under Paul or Victor only like to teach and never to learn from others. Is hard for them to really learn from others because of their addictive ways of thinking and in practice.  I feel like we are in the Boer War, in Africa of the 1800's. I am surrounded with enemies out the Serak world, and me to remain solid without any giving in's. Kun tao Silat de Thouars had to remain in total apartheid from the others. They have nothing to offer me or my well practiced informed practitioners. . They only come to teach their boxed in Serak never to see any other Christmas. They are very dull and boring. Criticize me all you want -- my opinion is like an empty soap bubble and floating until it vapors; theirs, filled balloons unable to get off the ground.
  So when total separated from each other will always be a resting peace at eased.  Peace to anyone.
To all my martial associate friends, and their families; in particular my devoted and loyal exponents of my system and their families wishing you peace on earth, a very Merry Christmas, and a prosperous New Year, and please be safe. Look forward to the new year --will make it my point to teach more of my Serak, in the more of stronger training for the better. PEACE UPON YOU, BY OOM WILLEM DE THOUARS, THE MAGUS OF DENVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment